Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lunch 28/3/12 -- Turkey Gruyere Apple Wraps with Mixed Berry Protein Smoothie


Today for lunch I wanted something very simple so I looked in the fridge to see what needed using up.  Voila, deli shaved turkey!  I also had a very tiny piece of gruyere cheese left from a dish I made a couple weeks ago and while it's somewhat of a waste to use such good cheese on a sandwich, I knew it would be delicious with the turkey.  I love both turkey and chicken paired with apple and cheese so I also grabbed a lovely mottled red and green apple.  I wish I could remember the type of apple; it was beautiful!



I layered lettuce, turkey, gruyere, and apple into a whole wheat wrap.  I didn't use any other condiments.


I made a smoothie with vanilla protein powder and frozen mixed blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries.  I cut the rest of the apple into slices and also added a small bunch of grapes.  The lunch was simple, delicious, healthy, and -- of course -- pretty!