Friday, March 30, 2012

Dinner 30/3/12 -- Homemade Focaccia Pizza!

I dearly wish I could take pictures of tonight's dinner!  Oh well, just an excuse to make it again since I know it will be absolutely delicious.  I've been planning and looking forward to this homemade pizza all week.  Ever since taking the first bite of that homemade focaccia, I couldn't stop thinking about how delicious it would be as a pizza crust.  Well, the dough has been rising all day and it's almost pizza party time!

I mixed up half a recipe of No-Knead Focaccia from Budget Bytes, with a few minor tweaks.  I used one cup of wheat flour, 3/4 cup white flour, and 1/4 cup cornmeal.  I love crunchy pizza crust so I hope the cornmeal adds a nice crispness!  I also sprinkled some garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil, dried rosemary, and thyme into the dough.  I sneaked a sniff of the dough and it smells incredible.  Gets my tummy rumbling already!

I cut up a small green bell pepper, small red onion, and sliced a roma tomato very thin.  I also grilled two links of Italian sausage and cut them into small slices.  After a very thin coat of tomato sauce, I'll sprinkle shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese on top, along with more dried Italian herbs.  I'll brush the edge of the crust with a thin coat of olive oil and slide it into the oven to get crispy, crusty, bubbly, gooey, and delicious!

Oh how I can't wait to sink my teeth into that pizza...

I don't think I've ever been so excited for a meal!