Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dinner 29/3/12 -- Teriyaki Sirloin with Teriyaki Sweet Potatoes

My camera is out of batteries!  I was excited to take pictures of tonight's dinner but I am sick with the flu and probably shouldn't go out to buy batteries, as much as I really, really want to.

The nearby grocery store had a fantastic sale last week on sirloin steaks so we stocked up!  I'm using the last package tonight, trying a teriyaki marinade for the first time.  I've ordered teriyaki steak at restaurants and always loved it so I'm hopeful my homemade version will be just as tasty, if not better!

I tweaked the teriyaki marinade from Budget Bytes (a recipe I dearly love!) to use on my steaks.  I used a bit less sugar and added sesame seeds, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.

I'm so excited to finally try Budget Bytes' Teriyaki Sweet Potatoes to pair with the steaks!  I do plan to cut down the sugar and oil but otherwise will follow the recipe as written.  I've had my eye on this recipe for a while and it will be absolutely delicious with the steak.  There's something about the combination of steak and potatoes that makes my mouth water.  I especially love sweet potatoes for both the taste and extra vitamins!

I'll grill up some of the frozen asian vegetables I have in the freezer and that will complete a delicious, healthy dinner!  Sorry I can't share pictures!